1. This unfortunate Nike advertisement has been removed from Oscar Pistorius’ website in the wake of the shooting death of a woman believed to be his girlfriend.
Pistorius has been charged with murder and has a hearing this afternoon.
2. This other ad, still on his website, refers to his body as his “weapon.”
According to South African website Business Day, here is Nike South Africa’s comment: “This is a very unfortunate story and it is still under investigation. We’ll not make any decision until we hear from Oscar or his agent.”
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- The Baltimore Circuit Court will host the first hearing in the homicide case of Freddie Gray on Wednesday. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›