1. Balotelli’s volley off a corner kick put Italy up 2-0, securing their spot in the knockout stage of Euro 2012.
Prior to this, Balotelli had had a pretty weird tournament. There were concerns Italy wouldn’t even bring the super-talented but incredibly weird striker to Euro, and his own fans supported him by wearing blackface after he threatened to murder anyone who made racist remarks at him.
2. Meanwhile, Spain secured their own spot as group winner with this finish of a perfect chip pass.
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›