1. Balotelli’s volley off a corner kick put Italy up 2-0, securing their spot in the knockout stage of Euro 2012.
Prior to this, Balotelli had had a pretty weird tournament. There were concerns Italy wouldn’t even bring the super-talented but incredibly weird striker to Euro, and his own fans supported him by wearing blackface after he threatened to murder anyone who made racist remarks at him.
2. Meanwhile, Spain secured their own spot as group winner with this finish of a perfect chip pass.
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty in the June shooting of nine people at a Charleston church, his attorney said.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.