In a January 18 interview with ESPN’s Jeremy Schaap, Manti Te’o said visiting the woman he believed to be his girlfriend as she recovered from a car accident in the hospital “never really crossed my mind.” “I don’t know. I was in school,” he added.
In an interview less than a week later with Katie Couric on Katie, Te’o contradicted himself. Couric asked why he didn’t visit Lennay Kekua when she was in the hospital even though he had at one point been on a layover in San Diego, a two-hour drive from where Kekua was supposedly recovering from a car accident. Te’o said it was too far for him to make the drive, and he decided not to change his flight — but did originally have plans to see Kekua in San Diego.
Here’s the video below.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- brendanmoore thinks Manti Te'o Is Still Lying is WTF & Fail
- joannaj2 thinks Manti Te'o Is Still Lying is Fail
- danielflamingo thinks Manti Te'o Is Still Lying is Fail
- firedeveryday thinks Manti Te'o Is Still Lying is WTF
- Manti Te'o Is Still Lying is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It
- thedailybeast.com readers just made Manti Te'o Is Still Lying hotter
- Soominsmom Manti Te'o Is Still Lying
- marys27 thinks Manti Te'o Is Still Lying is LOL