1. Lou Piniella spent almost five decades as a player/manager in Major League Baseball. Now, he’s a commentator for the YES Network, and he said this today regarding a recent Toronto Blue Jays - Miami Marlins trade.
The trade, which sent five valuable Miami players, including All-Star Jose Reyes and pitchers Mark Buehrle and Josh Johnson, to the Blue Jays in exchange for five minor players, is widely viewed as a salary dump by the Marlins, selling off their best assets to save money.
3. Lou â€” you clearly know that using the word “rape” is a terrible, insensitive idea here. So just don’t use it!
H/T to Jimmy Traina
- The Temple of Bel, an important ancient structure in the ISIS-held Syrian city of Palmyra, has been destroyed, the United Nations says. ›
- A white supremacist has been found guilty of capital murder in the shooting deaths of three people at two Jewish facilities in Kansas last year. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›