1. During warmups prior to a recent game, the Miami Heat’s players engaged in some impromptu dunk showmanship. Fortunately, some dude recorded it on his camera-phone. (TURN YOUR DAMN PHONE SIDEWAYS, BRO.)
2. Not sure who throws this one down, but it’s a nice piece, including both a well-trajectoried bounce off the backboard and a one-handed finish.
UPDATE: Tom Haberstroh identified this dunker as Mario Chalmers, who dunks quite nicely for a point guard.
3. Chris Andersen’s double-clutch 180-degree dunk almost earns him forgiveness from his historically incompetent dunk-contest performance back in 2005.
4. But then, LeBron James took a go.
6. I’m dead. I have expired. My earthly soul has left this mortal coil. LeBron James has extinguished the flame of my being. Let’s watch it again, SLOWER.
7. Here’s the complete video:
8. Plus this exchange in the YouTube comments, which pretty much says it all.
- Two bomb attacks in the central Nigerian city of Jos have killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️