1. Spurs guard Danny Green has been phenomenal this Finals. He’s shooting 25-38, or an insane 65.8%, from three — a 20% higher rate than what even the best shooters usually do. And last night, he made history.
2. That shot, above, tied Ray Allen’s record for most threes in a single NBA Finals. And this, below, broke the record. Green still has one or two games to pad that number, too.
3. Making things even more interesting: Allen, who plays for the Heat, was on the bench when Green broke his record. And here’s how he reacted.
4. That’s not the only thing interesting that happened to Green, either. After halftime, he ran into the tunnel and encountered… this guy. Apparently, it’s Tim Duncan’s son.
Why is he running across the tunnel in front of Green? Why is his face covered? Is he a secret agent? The world may never know.
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.