1. Larry Fitzgerald is one of the best receivers in the NFL. Part of this is because of his tremendous leaping ability and great hands. Here’s the other part.
2. At 6’3”, Fitzgerald is a big receiver. And he’s tough to tackle — watch him barrel through Packers defensive backs after making the catch here.
3. Because of Fitzgerald’s strength, a five-yard pass becomes a 30-plus-yard touchdown.
4. Matt Forte did the same thing. Like Fitzgerald, Forte’s a sizable player while still being fast.
5. His true ability as a runner lies in the open field, where Forte uses his agility to make defensive players miss.
6. When he can’t make them miss, though, it’s time for the stiff arm. And the stiff arm is good.
7. When you can drag a professional football player over five yards as he hangs off your arm, you are very, very strong.
In The News Today
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- Missouri executed Roderick Nunley Tuesday night for a 1989 rape and murder. It was the state's sixth execution this year, and the nation's 20th. ›