SEC sports radio is the greatest, and here’s our latest case study: a call between “Chester” and Kentucky Sports Radio’s Matt Jones. “It is a joke that we’re not in this tournament, Matt,” Chester tells the host. “And let me just tell you why.” And then he fires an ICBM. An ICBM of TRUTH.
I mean, yes. YES. This is so great. The idea that the NCAA Selection Committee is influenced by liberal socialism is so mystical and bizarre that it can’t not be correct. We just weren’t thinking about it that way! Chester is thinking about it that way. The RIGHT way.
Unsurprisingly, the hosts responded with hysterical laughter.
Jones: “You’re blaming me? What did I do?”
Co-host: “It’s your fault, you liberal socialist!”
Jones: “Chester, Chester, Chester, you know nobody loves you more than I do.”
Chester said yeah, and he apologized, and then Jones followed up by asking him if he honestly thought it was Obama’s fault that Kentucky missed the tournament.
Chester: “No, no, no no no, I’m sorry, it’s not your fault. But what I’m saying is that mindset is creeping its way into everything, that we gotta make everybody on level playing fields. Let me tell you, them conferences ain’t on a level playing field. And so it’s a joke that we’re not in it — I’ll just say that, that being said, I’m not mad at you or nobody else, that’s just the reality.”
5. And then he delivered the knockout blow.
6. In conclusion: Barack Obama, not the catastrophic season-ending injury to Kentucky’s best player, Nerlens Noel, is why UK missed out on the tourney.
7. Listen to the interview here.
H/T to Andrew Sharp at SB Nation
- A Kentucky clerk continues to defy the Supreme Court by denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›
- Google introduced a redesigned logo. It's the biggest change to the logo since 1999. ›