1. Remember those Will Ferrell Old Milwaukee ads? Yeah, now they’ve got Jose Canseco. Not nearly as funny, but still kind of funny.
Of course Jose can’t get the beer open. Canseco’s spot hearkens back to the Kansas City Royals’ only World Series championship, in 1985. It also references steroids, of which Canseco took a bunch. And apparently, this ad only aired in Kansas City. Old Milwaukee, keep doing what you’re doing.
2. This one seems to be played pretty straight, though.
“Baseball was bigger than a few rotten apples. It’s back. Just like this little beer here, Old Milwaukee. It’s back. Baseball’s back. I’m back. Why not.”
3. Just because it’s funny: one of the Will Ferrell ads.
- Shannon Miles, who is suspected of ambushing and killing a Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy, was arrested Saturday and charged with capital murder. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›