1. Late in the Knicks’ 100-97 win over the Nets, Ray Felton dribbled off a screen and took a mid-range jumper. Except, it didn’t quite work.
Mysteriously, the ball goes straight up in the air out of Felton’s hands — it’s actually kind of amazing how high it gets. Andray Blatche manages to corral it, leaving Felton to chase the Nets back down the court and wonder what the hell just happened to his body.
3. Here’s the shot in video form, in case you want a bit more context.
- Dylann Roof pleaded not guilty to federal hate crime charges in the Charleston church massacre.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.