1. This is DeShawn Stevenson. I’m not sure why he has a Band-Aid on his neck, below the customary neck tattoo of Abraham Lincoln’s face. (Do you guys NOT have one of those?)
2. DeShawn Stevenson is a pretty good three-point shooter on his career. And every time he hits a three, he does… this.
Stevenson does that because it’s supposed to represent him not being able to feel his face. He has literally been doing this for at least five years, as this Dan Steinberg exegesis from 2007 clearly indicates. The move remains just so completely weird. Stevenson’s a weird guy, after all — for at least part of last year, he had an ATM machine in his kitchen — so it’s not exactly a surprise, but the fact that he’s kept this whole thing going through four different teams — the Wizards, the Mavericks, the Nets, and the Hawks — is actually kind of impressive.
4. Check out the shot, the celebration, and the announcers’ bemused discussion here.
- Chicago police chief Garry McCarthy has resigned after backlash from the police shooting death of Laquan McDonald. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲