1. During the fourth inning of Monday night’s Pirates-Cardinals game, a routine batter went up for a routine at-bat, not knowing — how could he? — what the ball had in its future.
2. As the ball rockets into the right-field stands, we see a Cardinals outfielder hustling, and a man — a man with a baseball glove the size of a Kodiak bear — waiting in the stands. Sure enough, that intrepid fan grabs it.
3. Seriously, look at that thing: it’s bigger than most propeller aircraft. I’m surprised the weight of it doesn’t knock him over.
4. Let’s see that again. That glove should be used to catch fugitives.
5. Imagine being this outfielder. “Hey, I have a chance at this! Hey, I — darn. I guess my glove wasn’t big enough.”
H/T to Tom Ley at Deadspin
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›