1. During the fourth inning of Monday night’s Pirates-Cardinals game, a routine batter went up for a routine at-bat, not knowing — how could he? — what the ball had in its future.
2. As the ball rockets into the right-field stands, we see a Cardinals outfielder hustling, and a man — a man with a baseball glove the size of a Kodiak bear — waiting in the stands. Sure enough, that intrepid fan grabs it.
3. Seriously, look at that thing: it’s bigger than most propeller aircraft. I’m surprised the weight of it doesn’t knock him over.
4. Let’s see that again. That glove should be used to catch fugitives.
5. Imagine being this outfielder. “Hey, I have a chance at this! Hey, I — darn. I guess my glove wasn’t big enough.”
H/T to Tom Ley at Deadspin
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- The second pilot who was ejected from the downed Russian warplane near Syria's border Tuesday is alive and has returned to base, Russian officials say. ›
- And it's been 100 years since the anniversary of Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity. ›