1. During the fourth inning of Monday night’s Pirates-Cardinals game, a routine batter went up for a routine at-bat, not knowing — how could he? — what the ball had in its future.
2. As the ball rockets into the right-field stands, we see a Cardinals outfielder hustling, and a man — a man with a baseball glove the size of a Kodiak bear — waiting in the stands. Sure enough, that intrepid fan grabs it.
3. Seriously, look at that thing: it’s bigger than most propeller aircraft. I’m surprised the weight of it doesn’t knock him over.
4. Let’s see that again. That glove should be used to catch fugitives.
5. Imagine being this outfielder. “Hey, I have a chance at this! Hey, I — darn. I guess my glove wasn’t big enough.”
H/T to Tom Ley at Deadspin
Here Are The Top Stories
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.
- A pilot has broken the world records for longest solo flight and longest non-stop flight ever taken in a solar-powered airplane ?