Rutgers athletic director Tim Pernetti recently resigned after the world found out he’d retained coach Mike Rice after being were presented video evidence of Rice physically and verbally abusing his players. Turns out, though, that Pernetti didn’t leave Rutgers without a nice little package to see him off.
3. Read that again. $1.2 million severance: OK, fine, contracts, all right. Health insurance and a car allowance? Business is business. But… an iPad? What?
4. (Artist’s rendering of Pernetti, right, with his new iPad, that he got in exchange for letting coach Rice, left, throw basketballs at teenagers’ groins.)
5. So, what have we learned? If you allow this:
9. and this to happen under your watch:
10. Then you will win a free iPad.
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›