1. In any line of work — basketball, for instance — there are some things you just cannot do. Because if you do these things, your boss will filet you with a samurai sword, aka his or her eyes.
2. For example: well-known miscreant Michael Beasley threw up this miserable, contested airball against the Celtics.
3. Beasley’s boss is coach Lindsey Hunter. And Coach Hunter was not happy with Beasley’s shot-selection.
4. In fact, he shot Beasley the sort of skin-withering death-glare that anyone who has ever had a job knows to fear and avoid.
Check the end, where Hunter clearly looks to someone else on the Suns’ bench as though he needs reassurance that what he just witnessed actually happened, particularly considering how closely it resembled the nightmare he had the night before that woke him in an icy sweat.
5. Here’s video of the whole thing —
6. — and, for comparison’s sake, here’s Zach Randolph pulling similar boneheadedness back when he was with the Knicks, topped off by a ghastly Isiah Thomas reaction.
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›
- SAB Miller has accepted "in principle" a takeover offer from Anheuser-Busch InBev, which would create the world's largest beer company. ›