1. Colin Kaepernick is here to stay. While leading the San Francisco 49ers to a 45-31 win over the Green Bay Packers, Kaepernick had 446 yards and 4 TDs, including this perfect pass to Vernon Davis.
2. Kaepernick’s 263 yards passing were tremendous, but his 183 yards rushing — a single-game record for an NFL quarterback — were even better. The highlight was this bootleg, in which his raw speed is clearly evident.
3. The Packers had no answer for Kaepernick and the 49ers’ offense, which looked completely unstoppable.
4. Here’s video of the run.
5. And here’s Kaepernick celebrating with his favorite target, Michael Crabtree. The 49ers will face either the Seattle Seahawks or the Atlanta Falcons in next week’s NFC Championship.
In The News Today
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- Britain is set to increase the number of refugees being let into the country. The extra people aren't in Europe already, they will likely come from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- The Justice Dept. has tightened rules on cell phone tracking, forcing federal agencies to get a warrant. ›