1. Roddick took the first set in a tiebreaker and lost the second set in a tiebreaker. Del Potro steamrolled the last two, 6-2, 6-4.
2. Roddick is the last American to win a Grand Slam event — he won the U.S. Open in 2003.
3. He’s also reached four other Grand Slam finals: Wimbledon in 2004, 2005, and 2009, and the U.S. Open in 2006. Roger Federer beat him each time.
4. Roddick’s also the most recent tennis #1 not named Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, or Novak Djokovic; he held the honor from 11/3/03 to 2/1/04.
5. Here, he exchanges words with del Potro, who will advance to face Djokovic in the quarterfinals.
6. In the stands, Roddick’s wife, model Brooklyn Decker, looked on.
7. She was sad.
8. Happy trails, Andy Roddick.
- NATO is sending boats to the Aegean Sea to try to help combat the migrant and refugee crisis.
- The reboot of popular BBC car show "Top Gear" will have seven presenters, but only one woman 🚗💁