To truly be an NBA All-Star, one has to give of oneself fully — you can’t just show up and play ball, so to speak. You have to ENTERTAIN. Because, like, you’re not going to actually try when you’re on the basketball court; this game doesn’t matter. The NBA knows this, so they make the players do goofy-as-hell things. For example: prerecording love songs to show on the Jumbotron. (All-Star Weekend does just follow Valentine’s Day! It’s timely!)
The video also teased out some other songs sung by All-Stars, including:
— “As Long As You Love Me,” by LeBron James — “Man, you want me to sing that? You know my history with the fans, right?”
— “What Makes You Beautiful,” by Dwight Howard — “I won’t sing unless you let me sing for three minutes and also front One Direction.”
— “Love You Like A Love Song,” by Kobe Bryant — “I’m not going to sing.”
— “It Will Rain,” by Kevin Durant — “Damn right it will.”
— “The One That Got Away,” by Russell Westbrook — *Russ starts crying and asking for James Harden*
— “Somebody That I Used To Know,” by David Lee, who is actually Gotye
— “You Da One,” by LaMarcus Aldridge” — “Hey guys, thanks for asking!”
— “We Found Love,” by Tyson Chandler — “Can I wear a cool hat in the video?”
— “Payphone,” by Kevin Garnett, which, come on, even my brain won’t let me picture Kevin Garnett singing.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- Hear NBA All-Stars Mangle "Call ... was rebuzzed by What!?!
- Hear NBA All-Stars Mangle "Call ... is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It
- Lala3 Hear NBA All-Stars Mangle "Call Me Ma...
- extramustard.si.com readers just made Hear NBA All-Stars Mangle "Call Me Ma... hotter
- Jamie Lau thinks Hear NBA All-Stars Mangle "Call Me Ma... is LOL
- apushh thinks Hear NBA All-Stars Mangle "Call Me Ma... is Cute & LOL
- adariee Hear NBA All-Stars Mangle "Call Me Ma...