It appears that the charity that brings famous people together for soccer games like this doesn’t extend on to the pitch.
In the biennial Soccer Aid match, which benefits UNICEF and took play Sunday, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay got absolutely clobbered from behind by former Manchester United striker Teddy Sheringham.
2. Ramsay actually had to be taken off on a stretcher. Check out the face rub that Sheringham gives him after the hit.
3. There were a lot of other famous people there too.
Mike Myers! (What does he even do with his time anymore?)
Gerard Butler and Robbie Williams!
Michael Sheen and Mike Myers!
Pre-injury Gordon Ramsay and Will Ferrell!
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker who was accused of helping inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- Several people have been wounded after a shooting near Barcelona's famed La Rambla street, according to Spanish media.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.