It appears that the charity that brings famous people together for soccer games like this doesn’t extend on to the pitch.
In the biennial Soccer Aid match, which benefits UNICEF and took play Sunday, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay got absolutely clobbered from behind by former Manchester United striker Teddy Sheringham.
2. Ramsay actually had to be taken off on a stretcher. Check out the face rub that Sheringham gives him after the hit.
3. There were a lot of other famous people there too.
Mike Myers! (What does he even do with his time anymore?)
Gerard Butler and Robbie Williams!
Michael Sheen and Mike Myers!
Pre-injury Gordon Ramsay and Will Ferrell!
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›