1. This is Joe Webb. After not throwing a single pass during the season, Webb is starting for the Vikings in their playoff game against the Packers after Christian Ponder was ruled out.
Webb’s widely regarded as a great running QB, but it remained to be seen how he would handle throwing the ball.
2. One thing Webb has had trouble with is, uh, doing things like this.
One rule of quarterbacking: if you get locked up in the backfield, take a sack. Don’t try and force a throw that could end up an easy interception or a fumble. Webb completely disregards this, throwing a weird pop-fly that could’ve easily been picked off.
3. And then… he did it again. This time, he got called for intentional grounding.
4. Joe Webb was sacked twice in the first half. He completed three passes. That’s not good.
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.