1. This is Joe Webb. After not throwing a single pass during the season, Webb is starting for the Vikings in their playoff game against the Packers after Christian Ponder was ruled out.
Webb’s widely regarded as a great running QB, but it remained to be seen how he would handle throwing the ball.
2. One thing Webb has had trouble with is, uh, doing things like this.
One rule of quarterbacking: if you get locked up in the backfield, take a sack. Don’t try and force a throw that could end up an easy interception or a fumble. Webb completely disregards this, throwing a weird pop-fly that could’ve easily been picked off.
3. And then… he did it again. This time, he got called for intentional grounding.
4. Joe Webb was sacked twice in the first half. He completed three passes. That’s not good.
- The gun allegedly used by an undocumented immigrant to shoot and kill a woman on a San Francisco pier last week may have been stolen from a federal agent.
- Fox has secured the rights to make a movie about the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on marriage equality.
- Subway has suspended Jared Fogle, the weight-loss guy from their commercials, due to an FBI investigation.