1. This is Joe Webb. After not throwing a single pass during the season, Webb is starting for the Vikings in their playoff game against the Packers after Christian Ponder was ruled out.
Webb’s widely regarded as a great running QB, but it remained to be seen how he would handle throwing the ball.
2. One thing Webb has had trouble with is, uh, doing things like this.
One rule of quarterbacking: if you get locked up in the backfield, take a sack. Don’t try and force a throw that could end up an easy interception or a fumble. Webb completely disregards this, throwing a weird pop-fly that could’ve easily been picked off.
3. And then… he did it again. This time, he got called for intentional grounding.
4. Joe Webb was sacked twice in the first half. He completed three passes. That’s not good.
- The first group of what is expected to be several thousand refugees arrived in Germany after a delayed journey through Hungary and Austria. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›