Here are some of the craziest stats from Chelsea’s super-improbable upset of Barcelona in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal:
1. Barcelona had 24 shots; Chelsea had 4.
2. Barcelona had 8 corner kicks; Chelsea had 1.
3. Barcelona controlled the ball for 79% of the game.
4. Barcelona’s Victor Valdes made no saves; Chelsea’s Petr Cech made 6.
And last but not least:
5. Barcelona scored 0 goals; Chelsea scored 1.
3. And here it is:
Now, Chelsea’s task will be to avoid a two-goals-or-greater loss to Barcelona in Barcelona. Certainly no given, if this game is any indication — Barca could have easily won 4-0. But they didn’t.
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›