In game 4 of the Knicks’ series against the Heat, Baron Davis gruesomely dislocated his knee. News emerged today that the true damage is even worse:
This could mean the end of a career for the 33-year-old Davis; at the very least, it’s safe to say that he’ll never return to the heights of his earlier career, which he had already more or less left behind.
With the Charlotte/New Orleans Hornets and the Golden State Warriors, Baron was one of the most explosive players in the NBA. Dude wasn’t consistent, and he wasn’t efficient, but few guys were as good for a wild, high-wattage dunk, and some of his rank among the greatest slams caught on tape.
4. Here he is ruining the 6’9” Andrei Kirilenko:
5. And here he clears Jermaine O’Neal with relatively little difficulty:
6. This solid mix shows a few more aspects of his game:
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️