The Celtics did something impressive last night in their win over the Indiana Pacers: they came from behind by holding the Pacers scoreless over the last four minutes and 36 seconds of the game. How’d they do it? Well, coach Doc Rivers had an interesting explanation:
We were laughing because, I think someone called it a manwich, a man zone, I mean, we were half zone, half man. It was almost silly, it really was. But it was really good.
4. BuzzFeed Sports has uncovered exclusive, revealing photos of the manwich zone in action, starting with this basic manwich deployed with just under four minutes remaining.
5. It moves into more of a tight manwich — the defense is playing up toward the perimeter. The Pacers aren’t getting into the paint against THIS manwich.
6. This manwich is pushing Indiana to the left side of the court. A half-manwich.
7. And here the manwich stretches out in a long line. It’s like the Great Wall of Manwich.
8. How far can the Manwich take the Celtics into the playoffs? We’ll have to wait and see.
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.
- The man accused of fatally shooting a Memphis, Tennessee, police officer on Saturday has turned himself in.