1. Early in the first quarter of the NFC Championship game, Falcons cornerback Thomas DeCoud made a very nice play to break up a Colin Kaepernick pass.
2. But far more impressive than the pass defense was what came after: Thomas DeCoud broke out the Crotch Chop.
3. The Crotch Chop, as I’m sure you know, was popularized by Triple H and Shawn Michaels’ Degeneration-X group back in the late-1990s Attitude Era of the WWF.
The group’s slogan was, “Let’s Get Ready to suck it,” which is very subtle and nuanced.
4. Here’s video of the play and the Crotch Chop.
5. It’s good to see that our football players know their cultural history. Remember the ’90s, folks.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and the gloves were off 🇺🇸
- North Korea launched a rocket that the country said was carrying a satellite, but which some critics believe was a way to test prohibited missile technology.
- Beyoncé dropped a new song and video called "Formation". She's performing at the Super Bowl on Sunday 👑🐝