1. You love mangoes, but what you love even more passionately is mango shaved ice!
3. The struggle has been real ever since your parents told you that boba may cause cancer, but you still eat it….sometimes.
4. When your parents or relatives go to Taiwan they always bring back pineapple cakes and niu rou gan……shhhh.
5. Either you’ve been to or dream of going to the toilet restaurant in Taiwan.
6. Whether or not you know how to speak Taiwanese, you at least know the phrase “ja bung” (let’s eat) because let’s be real, Taiwanese people love food.
8. You may or may not be familiar with Taiwanese music but you know that one MC HotDog “Wo Ai Tai Mei” (I love Taiwanese Girls) song.
9. Jay Chou and his mumbling was inevitably a part of your life.
10. Either you or someone you know loves bands/artists like FIR, Mayday, or Wang Lee Hom.
11. Your parents watched Brokeback Mountain because Ang Lee directed it.
15. When people ask if you’re Chinese, you either go with the easy answer of “Yes,” or you evaluate the situation and then say you’re Taiwanese.
16. You once told someone you were Taiwanese and they replied, “You’re from Thailand?”
17. If you went to Chinese school you were all about that traditional Chinese, not simplified.
19. You or someone you know was a part of Love Boat…….lolz.
20. Once upon a time you flew to Taiwan and got glamour shots, end of story.
In The News Today
- Tom Brady's four-game suspension by the NFL following the "Deflategate" scandal has been overturned by a federal judge. ›
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›