1. “Why can’t you just eat it?”
Why can’t you just leave me alone?
2. “Do you even like food at all?”
YES I like food, I just like certain *kinds* of food.
3. “Stop being so immature and childish — grow up and eat better.”
Being a picky eater doesn’t mean I’m acting like a child, it means I’m making the grown-up decision to do what I want.
4. “Don’t you want more to eat than that?”
If I wanted to…then I would.
5. “Eat it or they’re going to think you’re rude.”
Don’t you think THEY’RE rude for serving me something I don’t even like in the first place?!
6. “But you *always* pick the restaurant!”
If you always like the food where we go, then what’s the problem?
7. “Why can’t you find anything you like on the menu?”
Why can’t the menu have anything I like?
8. “Did you look on the children’s menu?”
Maybe I did.
9. “You do realize you can’t always eat the same thing, right?”
10. “There’s no way you’re getting enough nutrition in your diet.”
My body hasn’t failed me yet.
11. “Really? You just want your pasta plain?”
Yes. I. Do.
12. “Vanilla is the WORST flavor, it’s so boring.”
You’re the worst flavor. You’re so boring.
13. “You should try this!”
Thanks for the pro tip, but I’ll just stick to what I like.
14. “Are you sure you don’t want to try it?”
Yep, I’m sure.
17. “You really need to broaden your horizons.”
Isn’t that for me to decide?
18. “It’s important to expand your taste buds.”
My taste buds like what they like, I can’t help it!
19. “Don’t poke at that.”
Don’t you have anything better to do than watch me eat?
21. “Why don’t you like food?”
I DO LIKE FOOD. I DO.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Regulators are looking into allegations of "deceptive or unfair" marketing practices at the University of Phoenix.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.