1. You own a closet full of orange T-shirts.
2. And are used to watching games with 34,000 of your closest friends in the Carrier Dome.
3. When you can’t make it to the actual game, you watch on the big screen at Chuck’s.
If you can get in to the bar, that is.
Plus, it doesn’t hurt that he’s the second winningest coach in NCAA history.
When Syracuse beat Rutgers on Jan. 2, 2013, Boeheim earned 903 wins and passed Bobby Knight for second on the all-time wins list.
5. You’ve shown your support by camping out at Boeheimburg.
6. The 2003 season has a special place in your heart.
After making it to the NCAA National Championship games and losing in 1987 and 1996, ‘Cuse finally beat the Kansas Jayhawks 81-78.
7. And you’re forever grateful to Hakim Warrick for his block that sealed the National Championship.
There was less than one second left on the clock when Warrick blocked a 3-point shot that would’ve brought the National Championship game into overtime.
8. Melo also has a special place in your heart.
Before getting chosen in the first round of the 2003 NBA Draft (and the third pick overall) Carmelo Anthony averaged 22.2 points a game for Syracuse in his one and only season playing for the Orange. Then he led them to their only national title.
9. But not this Melo.
Even though Fab Melo played phenomenally in Syracuse’s 2011–2012 season, he was deemed ineligible to participate in the 2012 NCAA Tournament for academic reasons. If only he decided to go to class instead of party at Chuck’s during the week, who knows what would’ve happened that year.
10. You try to suppress the memory of T.J. Sorrentine hitting a 3-point shot from the parking lot.
Losing to Vermont in the first round of the 2005 tournament wasn’t exactly a finer moment.
11. But you remember where you were when ‘Cuse beat UConn in the 6-overtime game in the 2009 Big East tournament.
Because there’s nothing like beating UConn.
Jonny Flynn + his smile 4 ever.
12. You take pride in Syracuse’s unmatched 2-3 zone defense.
13. There’s no feeling like beating Rick Pitino and the Louisville Cardinals.
14. Except maybe how great it feels to beat ‘Nova.
15. You still don’t know what a Hoya is, besides the fact that they suck.
16. You were disappointed at the end of the 2012–2013 season that you’d never watch ‘Cuse play in the Big East Tournament again.
RIP old Big East.
17. But you’re also happy to embrace new rivalries.
18. You have a framed selfie with Dickie V. from College GameDay.
Or have at least been in his presence.
20. But you’ve also felt the heartbreak of too many one and done players.
You left us too soon, Donte.
21. You love that Gerry McNamara is still in the Syracuse family.
22. And after five years, you were sad to see Scoop finally move on.
23. You know what it’s like to have the vice president on your side.
Caption: “Duke may be a worthy opponent, but I’m sticking with the Orange for this one. —VP”
25. To you, Christmas isn’t just a holiday in December.
Nice try, Tokoto.