1. Recently, some fashion models in New York City went to a video shoot prepared to be in a “sexy commercial.”
2. Dave Hartman, Save the Children’s Social Media Manager, told BuzzFeed that the models in the video were originally under the impression they were hired for a fashion shoot for a “sexy new brand.”
3. Not long into filming, the models were asked to read some pretty alarming facts and statistics about children around the world.
4. And they didn’t think what they were doing was so sexy anymore.
5. “Their reactions were genuine,” Hartman explained.
6. The models found out about the true nature of the shoot when filming was done.
7. “After the reveal, all of the models were excited to be part of this cause,” Hartman said.
8. Save the Children can’t make children’s rights issues sexy, but they think it still deserves your attention.
9. You can watch the full video here:
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›
- Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›