1. Rosie the Riveter is a poster representing women during World War II who went to work in factories. It’s also become a feminist icon.
2. And this morning, Beyoncé posted this badass photo of herself as Rosie the Riveter.
In The News Today
- At least 13 people were killed after severe storms and flooding hit the French Riviera on Saturday evening. At least six more are missing. ›
- Doctors Without Borders says 19 people died after a U.S. airstrike caused possible collateral damage at a hospital in Afghanistan. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›