1. Yesterday, someone posted a missed connection on Craigslist after having a ~ moment ~ with a guy she came across in a Brooklyn bookstore called WORD.
2. And it’s written pretty damn beautifully.
3. Here’s the full text:
We spotted each other at WORD. I don’t think you followed me but we ended up in the park afterward. You sat next to me on a bench as the sun was beginning to set. You were reading Willa Cather and I was reading Edward St. Aubyn.
Our knees touched once and then 5 minutes later touched again and quietly stayed that way. It was the most romantic thing I’d ever felt. I knew we were both too shy to ever say anything to one another and I regret it badly now. I kept straining my eyes to the right side of my head to see if you were doing the same to the left.
When my friend I was meeting for dinner found me at the bench I died because I knew I couldn’t work myself up to tell you how much I’d love a million more days in the park like that one with you. I came back an hour later but you were gone. Find me. Please.
4. The bookstore has since tweeted out the prolific missed connection:
5. Maybe these two — and their books — will find each other and create a story of their own.
6. The verdict is still out on whether or not the ad is real (since Craigslist has no way of fact-checking their posts) but regardless, this is still one great piece of writing.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️