After years of buildup, Hermione and Ron finally get together in the Deathly Hallows.
In the Epilogue, we find out she becomes a Weasley and lives happily ever after with her redheaded hubby.
Hermione also has two kids with Ron: Rose and Hugo.
But recently, JK Rowling admitted she thinks Harry was actually a “better match” for Hermione.
“I think there are fans out there who know that too and who wonder whether Ron would have really been able to make her happy,” Rowling said.
Let’s be honest, Hermione was better off by her damn self.
1. Ron’s jealousy is suffocating to someone like Hermione who has her own individual spirit.
2. And on the other extreme, Harry’s ego is annoying.
3. So is his constant need to be validated.
They don’t call him Undesirable No. 1 for nothing.
4. Ron and Harry rely on Hermione more than she depends on them.
5. In fact, she’s so self-sufficient that they usually just get in her way.
6. Friends are way better than fleeting romances that have the potential to fail.
Marriages can end. Love can fade. But friends are forever.
7. Not to mention, Hermione doesn’t have time for pointless diplomacy.
8. If she stayed single, Hermione wouldn’t have to spend her time and money on couples counseling.
According to JK Rowling, “Romione would have needed relationship counseling.” No marriage, no counseling.
9. She doesn’t need the extra baggage.
Hermione isn’t a stranger to heartbreak. Who’s to say it wouldn’t have happened again in the future?
10. Especially since marriage could stifle her independence.
Having a needy partner could possibly hold Hermione back from achieving everything she sought out to.
11. And there’s more to Hermione than who her partner is.
Including a Hermione marriage plot takes away from her other important character traits besides love interests.
12. Hermione can clearly fight her own battles.
13. And is a radical at heart.
She defies other social norms and gender stereotypes. Why not challenge the institution of marriage, too?
14. Plus, nearly half of marriages end in divorce.
According to a 2008 article in the Daily Mail, people who get married in the UK have a 45% risk of getting divorced (and Hermione is muggle-born).
15. Her real true loves were books and knowledge, anyway.
And you can’t marry books or knowledge.
16. Maybe she just didn’t want to.
Have you thought about THAT? Have you?
17. ‘Cause she’s too busy saving everyone’s ass.
18. After all, marriage doesn’t have to be the end goal of love.
Love and marriage aren’t necessarily interchangeable. Hermione could’ve been happy with Ron without being legally bound to him.
- A judge set a $1 million bond for Ray Tensing, who was charged with murder for fatally shooting Samuel Dubose.
- The Taliban has appointed Mullah Akhtar Mansour as its new Afghan leader.
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.