1. When you explain that you do forensics, and people ask, “Oh, like on CSI?”
2. Telling people that you’re in the NFL, and having everyone assume that you mean this:
4. While everyone is spending their summer at real camp, you know the REAL fun is at speech camp.
Aw yeah, we do homework during the summer. ON PURPOSE.
5. You spend your whole life dreaming about standing on that stage at nationals.
6. Having to cut your interp piece within an inch of its life, and it’s STILL not within time limits.
It’s not your fault that you keep having to stop for laughs!
7. Completely obsessing about your hand gestures.
8. Being excited to wake up at 6 AM on Saturday mornings for tournaments.
9. Frantically trying to memorize your pieces on the bus ride to the tournament.
10. Struttin’ into the competition in your lucky power suit.
11. Hallways lined with people talking to walls seems totally normal to you.
12. Seeing the looks of terror on your competitors’ faces when you walk by.
Or when they draw their extemp questions and realize that they have no research on their topic.