1. When all of your friends decide to get married during the summer, and you have to choose which ones you can actually afford to go to.
Sorry that I chose food over paying $1,000 to fly somewhere on 4th of July weekend?
2. When everyone’s strapless dresses start to lose the fight against gravity.
3. When your makeup melts off of your face before any of the pictures.
4. When you have to choose between taking your jacket off and showing everyone your sweat stains, or leaving your jacket on and slowly frying to death.
5. When you realize that the silk dress you’re wearing is going to have pit stains forever.
6. When every last detail is planned perfectly… and then it rains.
Summer means storms, and there is no such thing as taking a rain check on a wedding.
7. When the photographer/drunk uncle/bossy MIL comes up with a poorly thought-out outdoor photo opportunity.
“Let’s take pictures on this dock/in front of these crashing waves/at the edge of this pool!” — People who never learn
8. When randos think that “outdoor wedding” means “everyone on Earth is invited to participate”:
9. When there is a crowded line at the bar, and all you want is some WAAAAATTTEEERRR.
10. When the wind decides to show up at the worst possible moment.
11. When everyone has floor-length dresses and spends all day walking around in the grass.
12. When you wear heels, and you forget that the ceremony is going to be out on the lawn.
The mud becomes your own private quicksand.