1. The University of the Philippines has released its list of applicants who passed its college entrance examinations two months earlier than expected. These high school students are eligible to enrol in the country’s premiere state university in 2014.
2. The list includes a number of young Filipinos with what some journalists call “bizarre and often unflattering names”.
Check out Miss (or is it Mister?) Izzeah Phi Bacus, or Miss Yedda Vicelle Adona.
3. Out of this year’s list that includes the likes of Cressida B3 Reyes and Jules Cyber 1A22 Cruz, this one takes the cake!
5. People thought it was a system error at first, but some netizens were able to find a status she posted three years ago on a Facebook group dedicated to people with “cool and badass” names.
She wrote: “My name is Sincerely Yours ‘98 Pascual, also known as Truly. Hahaha… now that’s badass!”
6. In an e-mail exchange with ABS-CBN.com, Truly reveals that her parents are actually following a pattern in naming their children.
The pattern goes:
Mama and Papa”
7. As you may have noticed by the pattern, Truly has siblings named Spaghetti and Macaroni.
Actually, they are named Macaroni ‘85 and Spaghetti ‘88. Awesome, isn’t it?
8. She admits her name has caused some confusion.
“I filled out a form (in a fast food store), then the waiter looked at me and asked if it really was my name. He even went to his manager and showed the form. The manager thought that I was kidding, and even threatened to report me to the police. I showed them my school ID, and laughed at my name.”
9. Truly says she would never change her name for the world.
“I wouldn’t want to change my name. I enjoy the feeling that everyone thinks that I’m kidding whenever they ask for my name.”