1. “Blackout” by Wretch 32 feat. Shakka (United Kingdom)
A stripped-down beach house track smothered with beautiful reggae-influenced rapping. It’s glorious.
2. “Biglang Liko” by Ron Henley feat. Pow Chavez (Philippines)
Released in January, the track (which translates to “Sudden Turn”) has fresh synths ideal for summer road trips. The video, however, has a really sick ending.
3. “Azonto” by WizKid (Nigeria)
The title derives from a popular dance movement in West Africa, originating in Ghana. The dance involves traditional African moves like knee bending and hip swaying, combined with wild, complex hand movements that supposedly mimic everyday activities.
4. “This Love” by Shinhwa (South Korea)
The song talks about the fragility of true love, which goes along with the slow piano at the beginning and ending. It also features a lot of voguing in its choreography, a rarity in boy band territory.
5. “Invader Invader” by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (Japan)
The eternal 12-year-old who brought you the masterpiece called “PonPonPon” releases her latest single, which is currently at #3 in Billboard’s Japan Hot 100.
6. “This Is What It Feels Like” by Armin van Buuren feat. Trevor Guthrie (Netherlands)
Bringing the beauty of trance music to the beach houses this season. The special appearance of Ron Jeremy in the video should not be missed.
7. “Big Banana” by Havana Brown feat. R3hab and Prophet (Australia)
Not-so-subtle lyrics aside, the synth hooks from this track is beach-party-worthy.
8. “Get Lucky” by Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams (France)
Sure, the track features an American artist, but not including this French EDM duo in this list would be like not putting on sunscreen before heading to the beach.
- Mullah Omar — leader of the Taliban — has died, according to multiple reports.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- The NFL has upheld Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈