1. Bad day at work? Struggling relationship? General grouchiness? Sounds like you need some comfort food.
And what better comfort food is there than, oh say, a GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH?!
2. Fact: No bad day ever continued after a grilled cheese came onto the scene.
It’s the ultimate comfort food. It actually comforts you. Like how a puppy snuggling you for warmth does.
3. There is just something oddly calming about creating such beauty out of such simple ingredients.
So calm. Llama calm.
4. The process of taking bread and American cheese and fusing them together as one is so much more than simply cooking.
It’s restorative. It gives you life.
5. As your masterpiece sizzles in your pan, with the crust turning that perfect golden shade of brown, your problems just seem to disappear.
OK, fine, it’s mostly because you’re just REALLY hungry at this point. Just bear with us, all right?
6. And as you flip the sandwich back and forth to make sure the bread and cheese cook evenly, you have a total Zen moment.
The careful repetition is as calming as any rock garden.
7. By the time you’re done, not only did you just make a grilled cheese sandwich, you also made the world a better place.
Exhale deeply and prepare your taste buds.
8. Slicing the sandwich in half brings on a whole new sensory experience, as the masterpiece becomes ready for consumption.
This might just be the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen.
9. There’s nothing better than pulling apart the two halves of your sandwich with the gooey melted goodness just clinging to either side.
This is it: the meaning of life. It’s grilled cheese.
10. When you bite into it, it’s as if time stops, and absolutely nothing else matters.
Chew like nobody’s watching. Hopefully no one else is watching, because they’d probably get jealous.