1. Visualize it with an inspiration board.
They say (who are “they”? I don’t know either…) one of the tricks to keeping those pesky resolutions is to create a board of visuals to help stay you on track when you think of slipping. A cute fabric-covered corkboard and giant gem pushpins are a surefire way to keep those goals right in your face.
2. Get organized with a chalkboard wall calendar.
Too many things going on in your life? Or maybe not enough? A wall-size chalkboard calendar will make all of your commitments pretty dang hard to ignore.
3. Keep lists.
Morning run? Check! Superfood smoothie? Check! Call your mom? Check! Get your day off on the right foot, and fool yourself into perfection, with printable to-do lists.
4. Eat right (and keep track of your eating habits).
All of those cookies, cakes, and pies from the holidays finally catching up with you? Resolve to get your eating habits back on track by writing down your daily noms in a sturdy leather journal.
5. Save some cash.
Whether you want to splurge on a killer bag, see the far corners of the world, or just not be flat broke for the first time in your life, you’re going to need to start socking away some cash. Save up your pennies in a decorated mason jar and dream of all the ways you’re going to blow those coins.
6. Pack your lunch.
7. Get your butt off the couch.
One of the No. 1 resolutions people make each year is to “get fit” and one of the simplest ways to do that is to just get up and be active. Running, playing sports — anything that gets you up off the couch and outside. Why not make it a little bit better by whipping up some custom shoelaces, so as you’re bitterly huffing into the last bit of your run, staring at the ground and hating your life, at least you’ll have something cute to look at!
8. See the world.
It’s a new year, it’s time to see some new things and add some new experiences to your memory bank. A well-crafted passport holder — well, and maybe a passport too — is the first step toward your worldwide escapades!
9. Just breathe.
If 2014 already has you stressed out, it might be time to hit the mat and put a little zen time into your daily routine.
10. Get a new job.
Don’t waste this year slaving away at a job you’re less than enthusiastic about. Impress your next boss when you whip your résumé out of a sleek leather portfolio and say hello to that new corner office and fancy title!
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›