1. Music auto-plays on website
While browsing the internet for the perfect hiking boots, you throw caution to the wind and click on someone’s personal adventure blog. Now you’re listening to Nickelback, and so is everyone else in your immediate area.
2. YouTube is loading slowly and you have to watch the player catch up with the loaded content
Almost…almost there…come on…nope. Loading.
3. You have a question and you accidentally click on the Yahoo Answer
Now you’re dumber.
4. Pop ups.
What is this, 1998? How did it best your superior defenses?
5. A video ad starts playing in any one of your 46 open tabs
WHICH ONE IS IT. OH GOD IT COULD BE ANY OF THEM HELP
6. A site that has a three minute flash intro with no “skip intro” option
All you want to do is RSVP to an engagement party evite. But first you’ve got to watch a Ken Burns style photo slideshow of the happy couple’s courtship.
8. When your Twitter feed is full of people retweeting compliments
“Oh that’s great! Great for you. Someone likes you. Glad I get to be a part of it.”
9. When someone is looking over your shoulder as you type a google search and some weird shit shows up in the drop down
Oh good! Now that guy you’ve had your eye on knows that you’re having bowel troubles.
10. When you have to “like” something in order to see something
You don’t care THAT much about this information.
11. You look at a wolf t-shirt ONCE on Amazon and now they’re always showing you things you might also like
A horse mask?? Alright, fine. That’s pretty awesome.
12. Page designs that were created for the sole purpose of confusing and infuriating you
Two of them are viruses, two are dead ends, one will sign your digital signature to a deal with the devil.
13. Spotify shows everyone you know that you’ve been listening to the Little Mermaid soundtrack
Cat’s out of the bag, now. Might as well embrace it.