1. The Problem: A Massive Decline in Public Library Usage
2. The Proposal: ELECTRONIC UNDERGROUND LIBRARY!!!
To combat the decline, a trio of Miami Ad School students - Max Pilwat, Keri Tan and Ferdi Rodriguez - proposed a plan that would allow people to access ebooks on the subway.
3. Step 1: Find this poster on your local train.
4. Step 2: Swipe to access the catalogue.
Using near field communications (NFC) technology, commuters would have access to a list of current best sellers.
5. Step 3: Pick your poison.
And enjoy the first incredibly addictive ten pages.
6. Step 4: Find the book at local New York Public Library to keep reading for free.
When once again above ground, users would get a reminder with nearby library locations.
7. It’s just a student project for now, but hopefully it won’t stay that way.
8. Basically: NYPL MAKE THIS HAPPEN.
- A judge ruled that Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby will not have to recuse herself from the trial in the death of Freddie Gray. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›