1. The lovely tumblr user alethiosaur is a librarian who introduced her local library to “Blind Date With A Book”.
She says she was inspired by Old Worthington Library.
2. Browsing bibliophiles got a few hints about their next true love, and had to take the plunge based on that alone.
3. Apparently, she happily matched quite a few couples.
“We started with ~40 books. Two hours later, all but four had found homes with library patrons (sorry, Flush, Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, Persepolis, and The Things They Carried, they don’t know what they’re missing).
Now, to send forth a new fleet of exciting books into student arms. Whew!”
4. Basically, gold star, you win the internet, and where do we sign up?
- Mullah Omar — leader of the Taliban — has died, according to multiple reports.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- The NFL has upheld Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈