1. The lovely tumblr user alethiosaur is a librarian who introduced her local library to “Blind Date With A Book”.
She says she was inspired by Old Worthington Library.
2. Browsing bibliophiles got a few hints about their next true love, and had to take the plunge based on that alone.
3. Apparently, she happily matched quite a few couples.
“We started with ~40 books. Two hours later, all but four had found homes with library patrons (sorry, Flush, Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, Persepolis, and The Things They Carried, they don’t know what they’re missing).
Now, to send forth a new fleet of exciting books into student arms. Whew!”
4. Basically, gold star, you win the internet, and where do we sign up?
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- CC Sabathia, a pitcher for the playoff-bound New York Yankees, says he's checking himself into an alcohol rehab center. ›