1. The lovely tumblr user alethiosaur is a librarian who introduced her local library to “Blind Date With A Book”.
She says she was inspired by Old Worthington Library.
2. Browsing bibliophiles got a few hints about their next true love, and had to take the plunge based on that alone.
3. Apparently, she happily matched quite a few couples.
“We started with ~40 books. Two hours later, all but four had found homes with library patrons (sorry, Flush, Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, Persepolis, and The Things They Carried, they don’t know what they’re missing).
Now, to send forth a new fleet of exciting books into student arms. Whew!”
4. Basically, gold star, you win the internet, and where do we sign up?
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Historic flooding has killed 16 people in South Carolina, where rain finally stopped falling on Tuesday. ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›