1. The lovely tumblr user alethiosaur is a librarian who introduced her local library to “Blind Date With A Book”.
She says she was inspired by Old Worthington Library.
2. Browsing bibliophiles got a few hints about their next true love, and had to take the plunge based on that alone.
3. Apparently, she happily matched quite a few couples.
“We started with ~40 books. Two hours later, all but four had found homes with library patrons (sorry, Flush, Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, Persepolis, and The Things They Carried, they don’t know what they’re missing).
Now, to send forth a new fleet of exciting books into student arms. Whew!”
4. Basically, gold star, you win the internet, and where do we sign up?
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- European leaders are holding an emergency summit today to discuss Greece's debt crisis.
- The deadline for a deal on Iran's nuclear program was extended again, to the end of the week.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.