1. “Square One” - X & Y
The opening song of the infamous 2005 record X & Y is an upbeat one that talks about self—discovery, acceptance, and taking the first step towards yourself. In many ways, it goes hand in hand with the song “Talk”, also included in the same album.
3. Us Against the World - Mylo Xyloto
Hands down the best song included in Mylo Xyloto, this is a song that begs to be sung along to when you’re driving home alone on a Sunday night.
5. ‘Til Kingdom Come - X & Y
Though this was a hidden track in X & Y, the song did get some attention after being included in a scene of The Amazing Spiderman back in 2012. It’s a hidden gem that draws you in with its simplicity and fresh sound.
6. 1.36 - The Scientist
This rare delight was included in the B-Side of the single ‘The Scientist’, which had originally came from the 2002 album A Rush of Blood to the Head. This song has a very unique, original sound that isn’t heard much from the band today, and is reminiscent of the early classic rock and roll.
7. Warning Sign - A Rush of Blood to the Head
This song doesn’t even need an explanation due to its widespread appeal to many people. Do a quick YouTube search of covers and you’ll know what I’m talking about.
8. The Escapist - Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends
Based on this theory,
“Coldplay’s fourth album, Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends, begins with Life In Technicolor, and ends with Death and All His Friends. However, at the end of Death and All His Friends there is a hidden track called The Escapist. The lyrics are as follows: “And in the end we lie awake, and we dream of making our escape.” Life In Technicolor starts with the same music that The Escapist ends with. Thus, Death is Escaped and Life begins again.”
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- The World Health Organization says new cases of Ebola in Sierra Leone and Guinea hit the lowest point in more than a year last week.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.