Some innovative grammar nerds of the best kind made Reed-Kellogg diagrams of English literature’s 25 most famous opening lines.
Reed-Kellogg diagrams split a sentence into its different constituents, like subject, predicate, and modifiers.
The end result is just gorgeous.
It can be found for pre-order at Pop Chart Lab.
19. Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
21. Gabriel García Márquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
- Greece's finance minister has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The South Carolina Senate is debating a bill calling for the removal of the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.