Some innovative grammar nerds of the best kind made Reed-Kellogg diagrams of English literature’s 25 most famous opening lines.
Reed-Kellogg diagrams split a sentence into its different constituents, like subject, predicate, and modifiers.
The end result is just gorgeous.
It can be found for pre-order at Pop Chart Lab.
19. Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
21. Gabriel García Márquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
- BuzzFeed News looks at the fourth anniversary of Mark Duggan's death, an unarmed black man who was shot by police in north London. The shooting sparked England-wide riots in 2011.
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.