1. Tulisa Contostavlos has been charged with a drug offence stemming from the drug deal scandal she was embroiled in earlier this year.
2. The Crown Prosecution Service has released the below information on their blog.
The Crown Prosecution Service has today authorised the Metropolitan Police Service to charge Tulisa Contostavlos, 25, with being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs and Michael Coombs, 35, with the supply of Class A drugs.
“These charges relate to an investigation by The Sun newspaper between early March 2013 and 23 May 2013 which resulted in the supply of Class A drugs to an investigative journalist.
“This decision to prosecute was taken in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors. We have determined that there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction and that a prosecution is in the public interest.
“Ms Contostavlos and Mr Coombs will appear before Westminster Magistrates’ Court on 19 December 2013.
“This defendants are now the subject of criminal proceedings and have the right to a fair trial. It is extremely important that nothing should be reported which could in any way prejudice these proceedings.
3. Tulisa, who was arrested earlier this year following the newspaper sting, will appear in court later this month.
The former X Factor judge was taken in by police in June when she allegedly introduced the undercover reporter to her drug dealer friend Mike GLC (Coombs), who then allegedly sold him some cocaine.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›