1. David Bowie was snubbed by the awards in six categories.
The music legend was nominated for Best Video, Best Solo Artist, Best Act in the World, Best Event, Best Track, and Best Album. But was awarded nothing.
2. Ellie Goulding even picked up Best Solo Artist over Bowie.
3. She thought it might just be because David hadn’t showed up.
I really didn’t expect this, you know, but perhaps David Bowie not being here had something to do with it?
5. Who wore red to match his wife… and the Q magazine logo, of course.
6. Robbie Williams won the Q Idol Award - and joked it had been made up to ensure he’d turn up.
8. Laura Whitmore came dressed as a sheepdog.
9. And she proclaimed Biffy Clyro as the best dressed.
10. But we think that title should go to this man.
11. Biffy Clyro also won Best Album for Opposites… and were very thankful David Bowie wasn’t there.
As always, thank fuck David Bowie isn’t here.
13. Yet looked utterly scared at the prospect.
In their acceptance speech Ezra Koenig joked: “Are we really the best band in the world today? We did a battle of the bands once and came third. But now we’re the best. So thank you Q. And to the two bands who beat us in 2006? Go fuck yourselves.”