1. David Bowie was snubbed by the awards in six categories.
The music legend was nominated for Best Video, Best Solo Artist, Best Act in the World, Best Event, Best Track, and Best Album. But was awarded nothing.
2. Ellie Goulding even picked up Best Solo Artist over Bowie.
I just won Best Solo Act at the Q awards. What an honour x
3. She thought it might just be because David hadn’t showed up.
I really didn’t expect this, you know, but perhaps David Bowie not being here had something to do with it?
5. Who wore red to match his wife… and the Q magazine logo, of course.
6. Robbie Williams won the Q Idol Award - and joked it had been made up to ensure he’d turn up.
8. Laura Whitmore came dressed as a sheepdog.
9. And she proclaimed Biffy Clyro as the best dressed.
Best dressed three at #Qawards @biffyclyro
10. But we think that title should go to this man.
11. Biffy Clyro also won Best Album for Opposites… and were very thankful David Bowie wasn’t there.
As always, thank fuck David Bowie isn’t here.
13. Yet looked utterly scared at the prospect.
In their acceptance speech Ezra Koenig joked: “Are we really the best band in the world today? We did a battle of the bands once and came third. But now we’re the best. So thank you Q. And to the two bands who beat us in 2006? Go fuck yourselves.”
14. While Foals won Best Live Act and celebrated by pulling these faces.
16. Michael and Emily Eavis were handed the Best Event award for Glastonbury.
18. And Pet Shop Boys were handed the Outstanding Contribution To Music Award.
19. Their speech was of course the best of the afternoon.
A typically eloquent speech from Neil. Chris just leant forward and said “Cheers” before walking off. The very best double act.
20. Jake Bugg was named Best New Act despite us knowing about him for a while.
21. And Al Murray presented it all.
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China will cut its military personnel by 300,000, shrinking the forces to 2 million people. President Xi Jinping called it a gesture of peace. ›