But the other secret winner of the evening was Ron Burgundy.
Here’s how he lapped up the 2013 EMAs.
2. It looked like glorious fun.
3. He also got on a boat with Daft Punk.
4. He played the flute on the red carpet with MTV presenter Louise Roe.
5. Gave walking in clogs a go.
Because, you know, he was in Amsterdam.
6. Stayed classy on his way into the show.
7. Spent some time in the Red Light District.
8. (Trying his best to avoid any potentially awkward moments.)
9. He sampled some local delicacies.
10. And enjoyed the effects.
11. But didn’t forget to spend some time with all of the superstar guests.
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›
- SAB Miller has accepted "in principle" a takeover offer from Anheuser-Busch InBev, which would create the world's largest beer company. ›