But the other secret winner of the evening was Ron Burgundy.
Here’s how he lapped up the 2013 EMAs.
2. It looked like glorious fun.
3. He also got on a boat with Daft Punk.
4. He played the flute on the red carpet with MTV presenter Louise Roe.
5. Gave walking in clogs a go.
Because, you know, he was in Amsterdam.
6. Stayed classy on his way into the show.
7. Spent some time in the Red Light District.
8. (Trying his best to avoid any potentially awkward moments.)
9. He sampled some local delicacies.
10. And enjoyed the effects.
11. But didn’t forget to spend some time with all of the superstar guests.
- Doctors Without Borders says 19 people died after a U.S. airstrike caused possible collateral damage at a hospital in Afghanistan. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›
- Hundreds of rescue workers in Guatemala dug through rubble, searching for signs of life after a mudslide killed at least 56 people. ›