1. Here’s Robbie Williams posing for a picture with a man he thought was footballing legend Maradona.
2. Yes, as in Diego Maradona, “Hand of God.”
3. Robbie even boasted about being God himself when he shared the picture again on his Instagram page.
4. But here’s the thing — it wasn’t him. It was a lookalike.
The man in the picture was in fact Abi Atici, who has been working as a Maradona impersonator for the last 20 years.
Atici told the MailOnline: “When I was in Ischgl, Robbie was playing a concert. I was waiting to take the ski lift to the top of the mountain. Suddenly Robbie jumped out of a van, gave me a hug and said: ‘I love you.’
“I answered ‘I love you too!’ Robbie then gave me a kiss on the cheek. You know I now can’t wash my cheek as all women want a kiss on the same spot he kissed me. I don’t just have the hand of God, I now have the cheek of God.”
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing nine people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been taken into federal custody until she orders her staff to issue marriage licenses. ›