1. Before Sherlock there was the Benedict Cumberbatch of 2003.
2. Who was cool enough to wear sunglasses on the red carpet.
3. Yet was still excited about fame, so documented it all.
5. A rosie cheeked legend in the making.
6. Who casually posed against trees.
7. And looked good in knitted sweaters.
8. He even went through an indie phase.
9. And before fighting crime on screen was a stud at university. Shaved head and all.
11. And tried out numerous hairstyles.
12. Including this one.
13. He was acting but had yet to acquire his following of Cumberbitches.
14. But he was working on it.
15. Oh, he was really working on it.
17. Here’s to young Benedict Cumberbatch. We love you. And always will.
OOPS: An earlier version of this post included a picture we believed to be of Benedict. Turns out it wasn’t him.
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›
- President Obama on Monday declared a major disaster in South Carolina, where floods have killed at least 12 people and left tens of thousands stranded. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›