1. When people constantly question the value of your degree
Why would you spend your whole college career studying the ways that humans harm the world? I mean, it’s not like it’s the one planet we have to live on or anything.
2. When someone mistakes you for an Environmental Science major
We do know a thing or two about ecology, but mostly we like to look at the cultural and social aspects of the environment. Sorry.
3. How you feel every time you learn about a new environmental crisis
We’ve got climate change, mass extinction, water scarcity, and any number of other terrifying disasters on the horizon. Gulp.
4. When someone tells you that the world is doomed anyway, so what’s the point
5. How you inevitably felt about your very first environmental professor
And office hours were a dream.
6. When you learn about indigenous cultures whose homes are being destroyed through environmental degradation
And you feel totally and completely helpless. ARGH.
7. How you feel when other people don’t care about the environment the same way that you do
And you get a little melodramatic but you just want everyone to understand!
8. When someone tries to tell you that climate change isn’t real
9. When you go to an event and they’re passing out plastic water bottles everywhere
10. How you feel every time you learn about a newly endangered species
They’re just so beautiful and vulnerable, darnit.