Dongiverse began as a parody site of thingiverse, an open-source community where artists and engineers shared printer-ready 3D designs of anything they could think of. But what began as a jokey curation of suspiciously phallic designs quickly drew non-jokey demand for open source, customizable sex toy prototypes. Now the site’s moderators are planning to revamp the Dongiverse to become a Deviant Art of downloadable dongs.
Think of an ultra-precise glue gun: this is how 3D printers make objects, caking layers upon layers of polymers until the whole model is complete. Right now, the printed objects themselves are often rough and not body-safe, with crevices that collect gunk easily. People usually recast the models in silicon before use.
A mini cottage industry is already springing up around the concept, with the New York Toy Collective scanning people’s appendages and printing them into custom gifts, and MakerLove offering free models for anyone with access to the right printers.
Below is a gallery of what you can download for free from MakerLove.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- danamarier 3D Printer Communities Download, Prin...
- Leg Alot thinks 3D Printer Communities Download, Prin... is LOL
- berenice thinks 3D Printer Communities Download, Prin... is WTF & LOL
- LetMeLogin thinks 3D Printer Communities Download, Prin... is Ew
- jesspixieb thinks Welcome To The Dongiverse! 3D Printer... is LOL