1. Here’s how many vacation days the average employee in each country gets:
Sorry, Americans! But at least you have more vacation days than Chinese workers?
2. Here’s how many hours you work each year, depending on your country:
3. Average parental leave for full-time employees:
From a 2008 study by The Center for Economic and Policy Research. Sorry, Americans, it’s not the norm to get paid leave for taking care of a newborn.
4. Think taxes are high in America? Here’s how much unmarried people in the top-earner bracket are taxed around the world:
Figures from KPMG.
5. Cheers to us Americans: working hard, not taking vacations, and having little time to raise our kids.
But for the Gatsbys among us: hey, lower tax rates?
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️