The best part of being a geek is wearing your enthusiasms on your sleeves.
1. But just as often it turns to this:
2. If you hang around nerds, you’ve definitely met this sort of person.
8. Geekdom’s no less likely to be sexist.
9. Or racist. Or any combination of those two.
Read the whole article at X.O. Jane.
10. Sometimes it takes the form of hysterical death threats from fans:
11. And sometimes it just means being a run-of-the-mill dickhead.
12. How you define ‘hipster’ is unimportant. What matters is that no one likes a cultural bully pretending to be a misunderstood bookworm. And that’s what a geek can sometimes be.
The best episode of “30 Rock” was when Liz Lemon realized she wasn’t an adorkable nerd in high school, but a censuring jerk and snob.
A lot of us can probably relate to that.